Saturday, October 11, 2008

My current fields of study

At present, studying means I go for long walks and take lectures with me on my mp3 player (which, judging by its inscriptions, appears to be manufactured by one of the following well-known companies: MIC, REC/A-B, MENU, HOLD or OPEN).
C
lassics 164 - Spectacle Entertainments of Ancient Rome given by Paolo Monella at UCLA would be highly informative, but having seen Mel Brooks' history, Monty Python's Life of Brian, Gladiator, Ben Hur and Caligula I obviously already know, like, everything about ancient Rome.
Modern Poetry with Professor Langdon Hammer (mp3 downloads here) is nicely soporific and fills some gaps in my knowledge of poetry, which up to now has covered nothing but German Dada poetry by Kurt Schwitters, Raoul Hausmann, Hugo Ball, Hans Arp etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment