Sunday, November 23, 2008

Walk and learn

My mp3 player needed a refill again. So, the end of this year my walks will be accompanied by these lectures and audio books:
Animal behaviour by Prof. Gerald Schneider from MIT
The American Novel Since 1945 by Professor Amy Hungerford of Yale
I'm rather fond of modern American literature, Philip Roth, Don DeLillo, Pynchon and the lot.
Introduction to Political Philosophy with Professor Steven B. Smith
My last load already included his lectures from Plato to Macchiavelli, which are very good. He is a fine speaker and got me thinking about the various dimensions of politics...not that I'm going to mess up this blog with political discussions, since I get too strident and it is too painfully pointless to change the world one blog post at a time.
The Praise of Folly by Erasmus of Rotterdam (1466/69-1536)
Apparently, he took three years to get through birth, judging by those dates. I pity the mother.
Erec and Enide by Chretien de Troyes
Finally, a medieval romance to lighten things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment