Thursday, December 25, 2008

Painting again








Actually, I'm back on familiar ground now. I'm making pictures while thinking about the rhythm and sweep of my gestures. It's just the fact that now I'm using a camera for it that still freaks me out. I have left the territory of photography. This is not about choosing a subject and aligning it with the the picture frame and searching for the right lighting. This is about using the lights in the landscape as a palette with which I can paint nearly anything. See the lowest of these? That faint wash going from the upper left corner towards the middle of the lower edge is the sky. I pointed the camera there at an angle for a second to lighten up the black trees I was mostly pointing at. The one above it is taken without that addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment